1. All Together In Charlbury – Our local “helping hand” scheme
If you find that you need help with:
- transport to hospital or other medical/health/care appointments
- transport to access the shops or taking part in a local activity or club or visiting someone in hospital or care home
- getting shopping or prescriptions
- household tasks (like changing a light bulb or smoke detector battery)
- occasional gardening jobs
- letter writing or simple form-filling , reading, if you have difficulty reading for yourself
- someone to pop in for a chat
Telephone: 01993 776 277
The phone line is staffed from 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. Monday to Friday with a regularly-checked answerphone.
Alternatively, email them here
2. Community at the Corner House – St Marys Church
Open Monday to Saturday 10am to 1pm.
Telephone: 07510 772 764
during opening hours. Or email them here
Through A Place to Talk we support individuals and households in Charlbury to access support and advisory services. The Cornerstone is working with Citizens Advice and other service groups to give them a place to connect with Charlbury residents. We are able to refer families on to a number of support services.
Meals on Wheels-Tuesdays
Charlbury Meals on Wheels serves a freshly cooked meal (main course, vegetable and other side dish, plus dessert) each Tuesday. The meal is prepared by our volunteer cooks and delivered by our volunteer drivers at midday. Deliveries are made to residents of Charlbury, Spelsbury, Chadlington, and Stonesfield.
Cost per meal is £3.00
and the money is collected every 10 weeks. Contact directly Maggie Glasgow
by email here
3. Charlbury Lunch Club
Wednesdays, 11:30am – 2pm at Memorial Hall
The Lunch Club is a weekly facility to enable pensioners to gather in a sociable setting.
If you know of anyone, who may be interested, please get in touch.
For more information contact-Tanya Stevenson (Chair of the Trustees)
Telephone: 0787 1795 748
or email here
4. Dementia Friendly Charlbury
Aims to be an initial contact point for people concerned about dementia issues affecting them or someone they know, signposting people to sources of help and information. If you have comments or concerns to pass on to Dementia Friendly Charlbury or if you would like to join them, you can contact them via:
Telephone: 01608 811 007
Telephone: 01608 810 192
or email them here